Weather Ideas for elementary students:
1. Make a list of some reasons why we need the weather forecast.
2. Go here to get instructions how to make a rain gauge, a barometer, and a weather observation chart. Make the instruments and use them to observe the weather.
3. Look at a videotape of your favorite television weather forecaster. Notice the tools he or she uses and the kind of information given. Where do you think that information comes from?
4. Make a list of people whose job depends on the weather. Explain why weather is important to their jobs.
5. Keep a record of weather conditions for a month. At the end of the month compare the results. What kind of weather happened the most? The least? How does the current month compare to the last?
Go to Next Page